Friday, February 4, 2011

watching green grow.

i love, love, love watching the progress of my plants...almost as much as i love watering them.  and because i love watering them so much, my houseplants have increased in numbers rapidly over the last couple of months (i needed more to water- hooray!).  about a month ago i planted some chilli seeds from a pod that my friend gave me which i then dried for around 3 weeks on my window sill.  i was ecstatic (actually) when i saw my first little seedling sprout and now there are about 13 of them!

ten days ago:


two days ago:

also, i have always been a cactus lover, ever since my mom and i had those little ones with big red round tops when i was little (plus, living in mexico briefly may have had something to do with it).  lately, my interest in them has gone into overdrive. i have scoured the neighbourhood streets with scissors in hand and taken a variety of cuttings. below is the cutting which has been the most prosperous so far. i love him.  keep in mind he started as just the one main guy, then started to grow a friend.

ten days ago:



 two days ago:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...