Tuesday, September 24, 2013

inspire me.

i recently saw a parallel between a Paul Gauguin painting - Riders on the Beach, (1902) - and a photo of me by Fiona Galbraith. the similarities came to my attention after mine and Fiona's shoot, but the Gauguin work was saved on my desktop before, so...it's hard to know which came first- the chicken or the egg? like, did the Gauguin painting influence my styling choices in this shot or is it a mere case of happenstance? personally, i believe that everything we see/hear (experience) touches us in some way and most certainly colours are lives from there on in (plus, i do fancy myself a bit of a Fauve). regardless of how coincidental the colours and balance in these two works may or may not be, i do get a little thrill making connections like these.

Gauguin:



Galbraith:

see?!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...