Wednesday, November 7, 2012

today's special.

it's my birthday today (in australia at least, not technically in canada. gets a bit confusing with the time differences)...and a milestone one at that. i feel quite positive about this birthday and coming year...the actual number of years i've been alive is seemingly propelling me forwards. there are less 'same old' things in my life that i will stand for and so many more wonderfuls that i feel more confident about. it's hard to explain, but i feel like this is a good thing. i've already had an amazing year thus far. in some ways i feel like this is the year that people started treating me as an adult. i'm quite small in stature and look pretty young (i think/hope), so i often don't get treated as equally as a i should in certain situations. that has changed this year and it may have to do with the odd new crinkle under my eyes...but i like to think that it has a lot to do with me and how much i've learned and that i am now applying to my life. i feel confident and excited and a little bit nervous (which is always a good thing). happy birthday to me!  thank you to all who have been a part of my life- big, medium or small- and for all you may have shared. it doesn't take a lot for me to feel touched by or to learn from someone else. the biggest thank you to my family; i have always said that if all i had was my immediate and extended family in my life, i would never even need one friend. especially to you- momma, gray and madelaine- i am who i am because of your love and support and from learning from what you do. i love you and miss you so much!!

can you spot me?

1 comment:

  1. Happy Happy Happy Birthday! I love how you write about a landmark year and agree with you entirely. The years are lovely... and their passing isn't much of a worry. You write about it so well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...